Worship Guide 4.15.18
Pastor Matt will be continuing our discussion on Gospel Renewal, specifically in the context of our friendships. We'll be spending time in a number of Proverbs that address what it means to be a true friend.
Here is what you can expect during our gathering.
Call to Worship : Leaning on the Everlasting Arms
Song of Adoration : Come Thou Fount
Prayer of Confession and Lament
Song of Confession and Lament : When You are Not Enough
Reading of Assurance and Pardon : Based on John 15:9-17
Song of Thanksgiving & Offering : What a Friend We Have in Jesus
Passing of the Peace
Sermon Text : Proverbs 17:9, 17; 18:24; 20:6; 27:6, 9, 17
Song of Celebration of Communion : Come to the Feast
Word of Sending & Response
Song of Sending & Response : 'Tis so Sweet
As you prepare your heart, ponder the following questions:
1. What does the Bible teach us about friendship?
2. What does it look like to be a friend of God?
3. How does your participation in God's friendship affect your earthly friendships?
4. How would you assess the quality of your friendships?
5. What would it take to repair broken friendships with people you miss?
6. Where is friendship on your list of priorities?